Corydoras Seussi is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Delivery and Shipping
Delivery and Shipping
Product Refunds & Returns
- Returns can be processed within 14 days from purchase.
- To return products, they must be in original condition
- Shipping expenses are not refundable
- If your items have been damaged in shipping, please contact us within 24 hours of receipt with photos, and we will assist you.
Livestock Refunds, Returns, & Surrenders
- If you are unhappy with your livestock for any reason, you can bring it back within 72 hours for a full refund; we do not pick up returns
Corydoras seussi, commonly known as Seuss's cory, is a small freshwater fish belonging to the Corydoras genus, which is part of the Callichthyidae family. This species was discovered in 1986 and is native to the upper Amazon River basin in South America, specifically in Peru.
1. Temperature: Corydoras seussi thrives in temperatures ranging from 72°F to 79°F (22°C to 26°C).
2. Minimum Tank Size: A minimum tank size of 20 gallons (75 liters) is recommended for a small group of these fish. They are schooling fish and are generally more comfortable and display more natural behaviors when kept in groups of 6 or more.
Feeding Habits: They are omnivores and will accept a varied diet. They eat a combination of sinking pellets or wafers, high-quality flake food, frozen or live foods like bloodworms, brine shrimp, and blanched vegetables like cucumber or zucchini.
Habitat Preference: In their natural habitat, Corydoras seussi occupies slow-moving streams and tributaries with sandy or fine gravel substrates. They appreciate planted aquariums with plenty of hiding spots and smooth surfaces.
Water pH Level: They prefer slightly acidic to neutral water conditions, with a pH range of 6.0 to 7.5.
Behavior: Corydoras seussi are peaceful, bottom-dwelling fish that display typical schooling behavior. They spend most of their time scavenging the tank bottom for food. They are diurnal, which means they are most active during the day.
Color and Other Details: Corydoras seussi has a distinct appearance with a beige to pale yellow body coloration covered in dark spots or blotches. They have a slender body with an intricate pattern. They are an attractive addition to a community aquarium due to their coloration and social nature.
Note: It's important to maintain good water quality and perform regular water changes to ensure their well-being. Also, they should be kept with peaceful tankmates as they are non-aggressive and can be outcompeted for food by more active or aggressive species.
Always research and cater to the specific needs of any fish species you plan to keep to provide them with the most suitable environment in your aquarium.
Species TypeCorydoras Catfish
Minimum Tank Size20 Gallons
Water pH LevelAcidic, Neutral
Habitat PreferenceDriftwood, Rocky Tanks, Hiding Spots, Planted Tanks, Sandy Tanks
BehaviourCommunity Fish, Bottom-Dwelling, Shoaling
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.