Apistogramma Lineata is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Delivery and Shipping
Delivery and Shipping
Product Refunds & Returns
- Returns can be processed within 14 days from purchase.
- To return products, they must be in original condition
- Shipping expenses are not refundable
- If your items have been damaged in shipping, please contact us within 24 hours of receipt with photos, and we will assist you.
Livestock Refunds, Returns, & Surrenders
- If you are unhappy with your livestock for any reason, you can bring it back within 72 hours for a full refund; we do not pick up returns
Apistogramma lineata is a species of dwarf cichlid found in the Amazon River basin in South America, specifically in the countries of Brazil and Peru. These cichlids are known for their striking appearance, characterized by a unique striped pattern that runs along their bodies. The species has a streamlined and elongated body shape, which adds to its distinct visual appeal.
1. Temperature: Apistogramma Lineata prefers a tropical aquarium environment with a water temperature range of approximately 76-82 degrees Fahrenheit (24-28 degrees Celsius).
2. Minimum Tank Size: For keeping a pair or a small group of Apistogramma Lineata, it's recommended to have a tank with a minimum size of 20-30 gallons (75-114 liters). Providing a larger tank with plenty of hiding spots and territories is ideal as it allows for more natural behaviors and reduces aggression.
Feeding Habits: Apistogramma Lineata is an omnivorous species. They can be fed a varied diet, including high-quality cichlid pellets, live or frozen foods such as brine shrimp, bloodworms, daphnia, and small crustaceans. Offering a diverse diet helps maintain their health and vibrant colors.
Habitat Preference: Apistogramma Lineata is native to South America, specifically found in the Amazon River basin. They prefer slow-moving waters in areas with dense vegetation, submerged branches, and leaf litter. Aquarists should aim to replicate this natural environment in their tanks with the use of live plants, driftwood, and leaf litter.
Water pH Level: Apistogramma Lineata prefers slightly acidic to neutral water conditions. A pH range of 6.0 to 7.0 is suitable for this species.
Behavior: These fish are known for their territorial and somewhat aggressive behavior, especially during breeding. They establish territories in their aquarium and can be aggressive toward other fish if their space is invaded. Males are more territorial than females and may engage in territorial disputes. It's essential to provide plenty of hiding places to reduce aggression and provide refuge.
Apistogramma Lineata is not a schooling fish. They are best kept as pairs or in small groups, but they do not exhibit the typical schooling behavior seen in some other species.
- Breeding: Apistogramma Lineata is a substrate spawner, meaning they lay their eggs in hidden locations among the tank decor. When breeding, males will display vibrant colors to attract females.
- Tank Decor: Provide plenty of hiding spots and suitable substrates for spawning, such as caves or flat stones.
- Water Quality: Maintain good water quality with regular water changes and filtration.
- Compatibility: Be cautious when keeping them with other fish, as their territorial nature can lead to conflicts. Choose tank mates carefully, preferably peaceful fish that occupy different levels of the tank.
Remember that providing a well-maintained and appropriately decorated aquarium is crucial for the health and well-being of Apistogramma Lineata. Regular observation and attention to water parameters are essential to ensure their success in a home aquarium.
Species TypeDwarf Cichlid
Minimum Tank Size20 Gallons
Water pH LevelAcidic, Neutral
Habitat PreferenceDriftwood, Hiding Spots, Planted Tanks, Rocky Tanks
BehaviourSemi-aggressive, Community Fish
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.